09 Jul MISSED HEALTH SCREENINGS AND PREVENTION: Are You Concerned?
Posted at 03:18h in COVID-19, Diagnosis Education, Elder Care, Medical Navigation, Wellness and Prevention
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
That is a quote from Ben Franklin.
Have you missed your health screenings or medical appointments?
Are you taking preventative measures to improve your health?
Did you know cancer screenings took a nosedive last year?
I often hear: “I’m healthy, so I’m ok if I miss a year or two.” Well, will you be, ok?
I am here to inform and guide you in the right direction to your care.
Missed screenings can lead to:
- A delay of diagnosis
- An advance in disease
- An increase in mortality (i.e., cardiovascular disease mortality increases with those who have missed their immunizations)
- Increase in healthcare costs because of the need for high-cost treatments due to delayed diagnosis and advancement of disease.
How does a patient advocate help improve your health?
A patient advocate is your ally. They promote your wellness and prevention through:
- Medical review
- Consolidates your health file to help identify missed screenings.
- Assist you with upcoming doctor appointments.
- Educate you about early detection to help prevent and detect illnesses and diseases in their earlier, more treatable stages.
- Overseeing your health record; paying close attention to potential red flags.
Improve your health by utilizing the resource of a patient advocate.
Return to care!
Get back on track.