12 Mar Anxiety over the Coronavirus?
Anxiety over the Coronavirus? Some of you may be tired of hearing about it and unfortunately, there is a lot of misinformation out there. I want to share what I’ve found as the most important and share a few tips:
How the Coronavirus Spreads
- Mostly through person-to-person contact via respiratory droplets within close contact
- Being within approximately 6 feet of someone who has contracted the COVID-19 virus
- Being in contact with infectious secretions from a person who has the COVID-19 virus including sputum, serum blood, and respiratory droplets
Coronavirus Prevention Tips
- Wash your hands often; avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth or paper face cover when around others. Surgical masks and N-95 respirators are critical supplies that must continue to be reserved for healthcare workers and other medical first responders
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
Should I get the Flu Shot?
This season alone: 29 million people in the U.S. have experienced flu illness and an estimated 16,000 have died including 105 children.
I’d recommend yes!
For more information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html